Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Our 1st Week

The belly the morning of delivery

Proud Daddy going with Kaylee to get her 1st shots
Our celebration dinner...
Leaving the hospital with our little angel
Sleepy heads!
Our beautiful little girl all pretty in pink
Cousin Conner holding Kaylee
~Our Family~
This picture just taken today... I am 1 week old already!

Wow!!! What an amazing week. It has gone by so fast... I cannot believe I was in the labor delivery room this time last week. Our delivery experience was wonderful I could not have asked for a better one. My midwife was scheduled to work in the hospital that day so she told me if my contractions were still happening to come in and she would get thing moving for me. So we went in at about noon... my contractions were 5 minutes apart and I was still dilated to 4cm. They started giving me pitocin and finally broke my water at 6:30. By 7:00 I was in active labor and she arrived at 10:37pm. So it went really fast once I got into active labor. It amazes me what a womans body can do. Meeting my little girl for the first time was the most amazing thing I have ever experienced. It was surreal!!!!

Now that we are home and settled in we are just enjoying her as much as she can. I know that she will grow so fast so we are just trying to take it all in. Jeremy has been AMAZING... I was not really sure how he would be considering babies have always made him nervous. He has been great with her and very supportive to me. I am really sad he goes back to work tomorrow. I am shocked at how good I am feeling already. We did our 1st family outing at day 3 and have been out for a couple of hours each day since. Jeremy and I actually got to enjoy a couple of hours away at Steve and Barbara's 30th Wedding Anniversary party which was really fun. We are so blessed to have our family who have been so helpful!!!! I cannot believe how in love I am with Kaylee... I am a very proud mommy and so thankful.



No comments: