Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Sleeping before midnight...

We had a very relaxing and uneventful New Years Eve. It was actually nice to just lay on the couch and do nothing. I am sure poor Jeremy was bored to death but I just did not feel like doing anything.


We also had another visit to labor and delivery on Dec. 30th... I had been having contractions that were 3-6 minutes apart that we started timing at 2:00pm. Finally at about 8:00pm I decided to call and see what we should do. They told me to come in and be monitored. My biggest concern was the baby. Once we got there they hooked me up and checked me. I am still dilated to 3 cm and now 90% effaced so they told us to walk around for 2 hours and see if there were any changes which of course there were not. But the best thing about us going is we learned a lot and we know that Kaylee is still doing great and handling these contractions ok. I am in what they call "Prodromal Labor" it is a stage of labor that is not very common and usually occurs in woman having there 4th or 5th child. It usually last for a week to 2 weeks but could go on until me due date. You feel all the signs of labor... but they never progress or intensify. The cervix does make progression but not anymore than what I am at right now. So the doctor told me to relax, take hot baths and try to get sleep so that my body and mind will be ready for the real thing. She said that it still could happen any day. They also want the baby to be monitored twice a week in NST to make sure that Kaylee is still doing ok. So now that I know what is going on with me I feel SO much better and knowing that our little girl is ok is all that really matter. Now it is just a waiting game!

No comments: