Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 14, 2008

Weaning

For those of you who are not into the breastfeeding thing this may not be of interest for you...

Kaylee is now almost 10.5 months and I have started the weaning process (stopping breast feeding). So I have been looking forward to having my body back and not having her be completely reliant on me, but now that the time has come I am a little sad. I had a girlfriend tell me about a month ago "be sure that you are ready it is harder on you then the baby"... well she was right. When she told me that I decided to wait a little longer. Kaylee is just not interested anymore (has not been for a couple of months). It makes it hard on both of us. She is doing great with it. I love that she is FINALLY taking a bottle and a sippy cup. Daddy even fed her last night!! We are down to 1 and 1/2 (a little snack) feedings a day. This is just another sign that my little girl is growing up. I am so thankful that breastfeeding worked for us this long but am ready for all the new things to come (well kinda)... LOL :)

No comments: