Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

2 Months

My Kaylee girl~ 2 months old.
She is getting so big...we had her 2 month check up on Monday. It was a great appointment. I love her doctor and his thoughts on parenting. He gave me some great advice. Kaylee is now weighing 10 pound 8 ounces and is 23 inches long. She is healthy and doing great. She got her shots which was much more sad for mommy than her she did cry but got over it really fast. Kaylee is really starting to smile now... it melts my heart and makes my day.
My "Mother's Necklace"~ So my mom gave me this beautiful garnet pendant right after I had Kaylee. Garnet is Kaylee's birth stone... this pendant was given to my mom by someone very special to her and she decided to pass it on to me. I may just be having a moment but I have to share that I really do LOVE being a mom. It is the hardest but most rewarding job I have ever had. I called my mom a couple weeks ago and told her that she was SO right... "You just don't get it tell you have your own". The love that I have for our little girl is indescribable. I do have to admit that sometimes I just want a break but then when I am away from her I think about her all the time. I just feel so blessed to have a healthy baby. I also love that I get to share all of these great/challenging times with so many friends that also have kids and are going through all the same things I am. I never thought I would be thinking or saying any of this. But being a mom is better than I ever imagined.
Mom~ Thank you for this perfect gift... I am so lucky to have you in my life. You are a great example to me as well as a great friend.
I love you~
xoxo

No comments: